This service is supported by Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funding from the Australian Government Department of Health, as well as Home and Community Care Program for Younger Persons (HACC PYP) funding from the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS)
Occupational Therapy is an allied health profession which assists people to attain, maintain or regain functional independence in all aspects of daily living.
We provide acute, rehabilitation, outpatient, aged care and community-based services including:
- Acute inpatient services to Medical and Surgical Wards
- Inpatient rehabilitation (including pre-admission assessment)
- Transitional Care Program
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Hand Therapy
- Community based home assessment, home modification, therapy and equipment provision
- Support Groups (Cardiac, Respiratory, Parkinsons, Cancer and Carer)
- Health Promotion (Back Care, Stress Management, Falls Prevention, Workplace Health)
- Residential Care Services
- Paediatrics assessment and intervention, both centre- and school-based
- Social Support Groups
- Referrals are received internally through TRAK or externally by contacting the Allied Health Reception on (03) 5551 8351.
- We work across a wide range of funding programs, for example Home and Community Care (HACC), Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), Transport Accident Commision (TAC), and Workcover. Please contact the Occupational Therapy Department for more information regarding eligibility.
- Allied Health standard fees apply to all clients (with the exception of compensable clients ie. TAC, Enhanced Primary Care, Workcover, etc where specific rates are applied). Your Occupational Therapist will discuss this with you during your initial consultation.
- Current fees:
HACC and Primary Health Service fees apply
Equipment hire is available for in-patients; Community based equipment hire is aviable by contacting South West Health Care on (03) 5564 4105. If you have any equipment queries please contact the OT Department on (03) 5551 8351.
For further information please contact the Occupational Therapy Department on (03) 5551 8351.