This service is supported by Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) funding from the Australian Government Department of Health, as well as Home and Community Care Program for Younger Persons (HACC PYP) funding from the Victorian Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS)
Occupational Therapy is an allied health profession which assists people to attain, maintain or regain functional independence in all aspects of daily living.
We provide acute, rehabilitation, outpatient, aged care and community-based services including:
- Acute inpatient services to Medical & Surgical Wards
- Inpatient rehabilitation (including pre-admission assessment)
- Transitional Care Program
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Hand Therapy
- Community based home assessment, home modification, therapy & equipment prescription
- Support Groups (Generic at this time)
- Health Promotion (Back Care, Stress Management, Falls Prevention, Workplace Health)
- Residential Care Services
- Paediatrics assessment & intervention (centre and school-based)
- Referrals are received internally through TRAK or externally by contacting Intake via the Allied Health Reception on (03) 5551 8351.
- We work across a wide range of funding programs, for example Home & Community Care (HACC), Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA), Transport Accident Commission (TAC), & Workcover. Please contact the Occupational Therapy Department for more information regarding eligibility.
- Allied Health standard fees apply to all clients (with the exception of compensable clients ie. TAC, Enhanced Primary Care, Workcover, etc where specific rates are applied). Your Occupational Therapist will discuss this with you during your initial consultation.
- Current fees:
HACC and Primary Health Service fees apply
Equipment loan is available for inpatients. Community based equipment hire is available through Independent Living Specialists Warrnambool (1300 008 267) or Aidacare Horsham (1800819992).
- Phone: 5551 8351
- Email: WDHS.AlliedHealth@wdhs.net
- Hamilton House, Tyers St, Hamilton, VIC, 3300
Last Updated: August 2023