Help stop the spread of COVID-19
Testing is considered one of the best ways to stop the spread of COVID-19 in a community.
If you suspect you have COVID-19 choose from the following options:
- Call the COVID-19 24 hour Hotline on 1800 675 398
- Call your GP to discuss your symptoms
- Attend the WDHS drive-thru testing clinic, open 8.30am to 10.30am Monday to Saturday. (Closed Sunday & Public Holidays)
- Due to the difficulties of obtaining swabs from younger children, drive through testing will only be available for children over the age of 8 years. Parents and carers should contact their General Practice, please call your local clinic to book an appointment prior to bringing your child in for testing.
- Visit the WDHS Emergency Department ensuring you use the hand sanitiser and face masks provided before entering and notify staff immediately of your symptoms. Please call 5551 8222 ahead of your arrival so that the Emergency Department can be prepared for you.
- If you display symptoms and you are tested you MUST SELF ISOLATE before and after testing until you receive a negative test result.
For the most up to date advice on COVID-19 visit the Department of Health and Human Services website: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus or CLICK HERE
Do the 3 and wear a mask and help slow the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), stay safe by regularly washing your hands, keeping at least 1.5 metres from other people, and stay home if you feel unwell.
Travel in Australia
- Please check the rules that your destination state or territory has in place
Can I travel to Victoria from another Australian State?
For the latest information on interstate travel and visitor restrictions please go to:
For permits to travel in to South Australia please go to https://www.police.sa.gov.au/online-services/cross-border-travel-application
COVIDSafe app – The new COVIDSafe app is completely voluntary. Downloading the app is something you can do to protect you, your family and friends and save the lives of other Australians. The more Australians connect to the COVIDSafe app, the quicker we can find the virus.
Know the symptoms
It is important that you can recognise the symptoms and how COVID-19 is transmitted. Reported symptoms include:
- Fever (> 37.5 degrees C)
- Chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense or smell
In certain circumstances headache, muscle soreness, stuffy nose, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea may also be considered.
The Federal Government’s Department of Health says transmission of COVID-19 may still be infectious up to 24 hours before symptoms appear and until at least 24 hours after symptoms resolve.
Use the Victorian Government’s Department of Human and Health Services (DHHS) self-assessment tool if you are unsure or concerned about COVID-19
For more information about the WDHS drive-thru coronavirus testing at Hamilton Base Hospital CLICK HERE
CANCELLED / REDUCED SERVICES AT WDHS
A range of WDHS services have been affected by the COVID-19 outbreak CLICK HERE
Link to dhhs Up-to-date epidemiological data