The Respiratory Service takes a coordinated and holistic approach to the prevention, care and management of respiratory conditions. We aim to improve the prevention, care and management of respiratory conditions to clients in the Southern Grampians Shire.
Respiratory services are provided to both inpatients and outpatients. This includes individual and family consultations, education and support, for adults and paediatric patients with respiratory conditions including, but not limited to the following:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Smoking cessation
Other services provided include:
- education and support for clients
- sessions for community groups and schools under the Asthma Child and Adolescent Program (ACAP) training
- education sessions to schools, sporting facilities, organisations and workplaces.
- Inpatients via Trakcare
- Outpatients via Service Coordination Tool Templates (SCTT)
- Written, verbal or phone referrals are accepted from Hamilton Medical Group, external health professionals, schools (ACAP) / sports clubs / workplace
- Self-referrals can also be made directly to the Respiratory Educator