Diabetes Education and care is available for people with diabetes and their carers. A Diabetes Educator can play a key role in the co-management of an individual’s diabetes by:
- assisting with individualised diabetes specific information and support
- supporting clients with clinical care including insulin stabilisation
- facilitating group education for people newly diagnosed with diabetes
- supply and maintenance of blood glucose meters & insulin devices
- assisting with continuous glucose monitoring and flash monitoring systems
- providing information and support when commencing insulin pump therapy
- being a resource person for healthcare professionals
Regular diabetes clinics are available:
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator PHN clinics – monthly in Penshurst, Coleraine, Casterton, Harrow & Balmoral.
- Credentialed Diabetes Educator GP Medicare clinic – fortnightly at Hamilton Medical Group, Coleraine Medical Clinic and Casterton Medical Clinic; monthly at Hamilton Family Practice
- The Royal Children’s Hospital Outreach clinics – 3 monthly held by a visiting Paediatric Endocrinologist for local children and adolescents with diabetes.
Referrals are accepted from medical practitioners and other health professionals. Individuals may also self-refer.
- Phone: 5551 8351
- Email: WDHS.AlliedHealth.wdhs.net
- Hamilton House, Tyers St, Hamilton, VIC, 3300
Last updated August 2023