Prescription protocol during COVID-19
HBH Pharmacy changes effective 10th August, 2020
To reduce the risk to staff and patients and to maintain social distancing, there are now 4 simple steps to follow to fill your prescription at Hamilton Base Hospital:
1. Call Pharmacy on 5551 8398 to fill your script
2. The Pharmacist will let you know a time when the script will be ready for pick-up and take your payment over the phone
3. On arrival to pick up your medications, call Pharmacy on 5551 8398 to let them know you are here
4. A staff member will meet you outside the main entrance of the hospital at 20 Foster Street (please ensure you are wearing a mask).
This is temporary arrangement (during COVID-19)
You MUST wear a face mask on pick up
Payment is preferred over the phone when you order your script, however, EFTPOS can also be arranged at the time of pick-up (please let the Pharmacist know how you would like to pay)
Services provided by the pharmacy include:
- Supply of medications throughout Western District Health Service.
- Education and advice to patients and clients about their medications.
- Dispensing of medications to patients on discharge.
- Organise home oxygen for approved patients on discharge.
- Dispensing of medications to patients attending the Emergency Department.
- Dispensing of medications to community clients under the Highly Specialised Drugs Program.
- Dispensing of methadone to approved community clients.
- Local agent for the National Diabetes Supply Scheme.
- Provide education to clients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation and Chronic Disease Management Programs and agent for the National Diabetes Services Scheme.
9:00am – 5.30pm weekdays, closed weekends and public holidays
Phone: (03) 5551 8398
Referral: Staff can refer patients by e-referral or contact Pharmacy staff directly either in person or by phone.
Community members can contact the Pharmacy Department by phone 5551 8398.