Services provided by the pharmacy include:
- Supply of medications throughout Western District Health Service campuses.
- Ordering of Medication for dispensing and distribution throughout Western District Health Services Campuses.
- Dispensing and supplying of medications for patients on admission to WDHS.
- Patient MMP (Medication Management Plan) are completed for patients on admission to WDHS. Ensuring patients receive best medication management.
- Dispensing of medications and supplying patient medication discharge lists to patients on discharge.
- Education and advice to patients and clients about their medications.
- Organise patients Webster packs with patient’s retail pharmacy on discharge.
- Dispensing of outpatient medications to patients attending the Emergency Department during Pharmacy opening hours.
- Drug Information for patients and staff.
- Staff prescription dispensing.
- Buprenorphine dispensing for WRAD drug and Alcohol program.
- Ordering and Dispensing of medications to community clients under the Highly Specialised Drugs Program.
- Local agent for the National Diabetes Supply Scheme.
- Provide education to clients in the Cardiac Rehabilitation and Chronic Disease Management Programs, Pulmonary Rehab and various support groups (ie: Stroke education).
- Education for Doctors and Student Doctors.
- Education for Nursing staff and Nursing Students.
- Chemotherapy services for inpatients and outpatients (Ensuring Chemotherapy medications are ordered and supplied for patients).
- Dialysis dispensing service for patients (Ensuring Dialysis medications are ordered and supplied for patients).
- AMS (Anti-Microbial Stewardship) co-Ordination
8.30am – 5pm weekdays, closed weekends and public holidays.
H2: Contact details
Phone: (03) 5551 8398
Referral: Staff can refer patients by e-referral or contact Pharmacy staff directly either in person or by phone.
Community members can contact the Pharmacy Department by phone 5551 8398.