Staff Rapid Antigen Testing

Click here to report your rapid antigen test result

If you are unsure if you need a rapid antigen test, please read the guidance below (updated 21.7.22)

Effective Monday 7 February, the following people at WDHS must do a Rapid Antigen (RA) test every 72 hours:

  • All WDHS staff, students, and volunteers;
  • Visiting Medical Officers (VMO)
  • Staff working from home; and
  • Authorised contractors working onsite.

The purpose of introducing this program is to reduce the number of people with undiagnosed COVID-19 infection working in priority settings.

Positive RA results

If a staff member, VMO , student, volunteer or contractor returns a positive RA test result, they must immediately:

• advise their department head;

• report their result using the WDHS online reporting form (link below);

• follow the Victorian Government quarantine and isolation requirements. Click here for link

You are no longer required to undertake a PCR test, if your RAT result is positive.

Please note you will also be required to report the positive test through the Victorian Government mandatory reporting system. Click here for mandatory reporting system

Negative RA Results

If a staff member, VMO, student, volunteer or contractor returns a negative result, they should present for work.

If your RAT is negative and you have respiratory symptoms, please attend the WDHS Drive-thru for a COVID19 PCR and a Respiratory Virus PCR (which detects other respiratory viruses of concern) and isolate until you
receive your results.

WDHS no longer requires negative RA results to be submitted via WDHS’s online reporting form.

Where to get your RA test kits

The free RA tests are available to collect from your Department Head.

If you have any queries in relation to this program please contact your Divisional or Department Head.

Reporting of data

WDHS requires everyone who meets the above criteria to provide their contact details and results via the following WDHS online reporting form here

Staff exemption from isolation

In order to ease the pressure of staff shortages, Healthcare Workers are exempt from COVID-19 isolation under certain circumstances.
The exemption applies to household or household like contacts who have spent more than 4 hours with someone who has COVID-19.
The household or household like close contact exemption applies to WDHS staff:
• Who have no symptoms;
• Who agree to work during their quarantine period; and
• Who have not tested positive in the previous 7 days.
• have been granted an exemption by the Chief Executive (see link to exemption form below).

If at any time the WDHS staff member has symptoms or tests positive to a rapid antigen (RA) or PCR test, the exemption no longer applies.

If a WDHS staff member tests positive – they are a case and must isolate for 7 days and must notify their department head.

Staff already working from home (under a WDHS-approved Working from Home plan) are not required to apply for an exemption.

Exempt WDHS staff must:
• undertake a RA test each day for 5 days and return a negative result prior to commencing their shift:
• wear an N95/P2 face mask at all times while at work and while travelling to and from work;
• not enter shared break areas with other workers; and
• not share facilities or amenities with other staff if possible, and follow all employer directions if they must use shared facilities.
• clean surfaces with a Clinell wipe after taking a break.

• while the exemption only allows a worker to attend work, they can also use the bathroom, pay for fuel or buy takeaway food while travelling to work, or if required for work; and
• Staff must also follow the standard testing requirements for a household or household-like contact and get tested on Day 1 of quarantine (or as soon as possible) and again on Day 6 of quarantine – with a RA test, or a PCR test if staff can’t access a RA test.

To apply for an exemption please click on the following link (it is also available on the WDHS website):
Thank you for your continued support and if you have any queries or concerns please contact your Department or Divisional Head.

Last updated 21.7..22

Scroll to Top