Effective immediately from Monday 1 March 2021, the following visitor access restrictions apply at WDHS campuses as long as physical distancing (1.5 metres) is maintained:
Aged Care Hamilton / Coleraine / Penshurst:
- Restricted visiting hours apply Monday to Friday between 10am and 5pm and weekends between 1pm and 4pm (exemptions apply for palliative and established patterns of care);
- Density limits do not apply to a resident’s private room (to prevent overcrowding, density limits apply to shared rooms);
- A small number of designated communal visiting areas are available at each aged care facility (density limits apply);
- There are no limits on the number, reason or duration of visits;
- All visitors over the age of 12 must wear face masks, unless they have a specified exemption;
- Residents with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will not be able to have visitors unless approval is granted by the Chief Medical Officer; and
- Under current restriction levels, residents can leave their care facility for any reason.
Hamilton Base Hospital
- Restricted visiting hours apply Monday to Friday between 10am and 6pm and weekends between 3pm and 6pm (exemptions apply for palliative care, children under 18, maternity and critically ill patients);
- There are no limits on the purpose of visits, the number of visitors, or the duration of visits;
- Density limits apply to patient rooms (a maximum of 2 visitors at one time);
- Patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 will not be able to have visitors unless approval is granted by the Chief Medical Officer; and
- People of any age can visit the hospital.
HBH Pre-admission Clinic, Consulting Suites and Sleep Clinic
- Outpatient appointments – limited to the client and 1 support person;
- Face-to-face consultations may resume, however telemedicine is encouraged where clinically appropriate.
Allied Health / Frances Hewett / Merino:
- Clinic appointments – limited to the client and 1 support person.
COVID-19 Staff & Visitor Screening Update – 12 April 2021
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19, or are you awaiting test results ?
- Have you come into contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
If “YES” to Questions 1-2 please refer to the following advice:
Staff or Visitor Advice
Not permitted entry. They must immediately self-isolate and get tested.
Please contact Infection Prevention and Control or divisional head for further advice.
For further advice please contact Infection Prevention and Control on 5551 8246
Visitors are currently restricted at all WDHS facilities including:
- Hamilton Base Hospital
- Hamilton House – Allied Health
- Frances Hewett Community Centre
- The Birches Residential Aged Care
- The Grange Residential Aged Care
- Penshurst District Health Service
- Coleraine District Health Service
- Merino Community Health Centre
- National Centre for Farmer Health
PPE requirements 1.3.2021
Given the low rates of COVID-19 community transmission, the Department of Health & Human Services has announced that face mask rules have eased across Victoria.
Effective immediately, the following face mask rules apply at WDHS:
- Hospital and Aged Care visitors must wear a face mask while indoors
- Hospital and Aged Care visitors must wear a face mask while outdoors with a patient or resident
- Staff providing direct clinical care to a patient, resident, client, or working in a public area at any WDHS facility must wear a face mask. For example staff in a corridor, working in a ward, or aged care facility, at a bedside, or during a one on one clinical consultation
- Staff are not required to wear a face mask when working in non-public areas such communal office spaces, staff or meeting rooms, where they can socially distance (1.5 metres)
- Staff travelling in a vehicle for work purposes with passengers, must wear a face mask.
Please note face masks must be worn if staff can’t social distance.
Thank you once again for your assistance with implementing these new changes and please do not hesitate to contact your department, or divisional head if you have any queries.
The Green Bean Cafe remains closed to the public
Toilets are no longer available for public use