Our Primary and Preventative Health services aim to meet a range of needs, including services and programs for:
- people with chronic and complex conditions – such as respiratory and diabetes education, chronic disease rehabilitation programs and care coordination services.
- people requiring allied health – such as Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Dietetics, Podiatry (foot care), Continence (bladder and bowel care) and Speech Pathology.
- people requiring community health – such as Men’s Health, Women’s Health and counselling.
- older people – via our Social Support Group (formerly PAGS)
- young people – via our youth coordinator
- people requiring a Support Network – via our Support Groups for a variety of needs
- preventing ill-health via our Health Promotion programs, such as our exercise programs
- people needing services after their discharge from hospital
Our services are located in two buildings, Frances Hewett Community Centre in Roberts Street and Hamilton House in Tyers Street.
The Frances Hewett Community Centre has a range of services and visiting clinicians, including:
Brophy Family & Youth Services
CASA (Centre Against Sexual Assault)
Bethany Financial and Gambling Counselling Service
Department of Justice
Glenelg and South Grampians Drug Treatment Services
The Centre is also the location for Southern Grampians Shire services including Child & Maternal Health and Family Day Care.
Last Updated June 2023