COVID-19 testing clinic
Hamilton Base Hospital, enter via Foster Street near the Emergency Department.
Open 10am – 12pm, Monday – Saturday*
*Not open Public Holidays
Pre-register your details before you arrive for a COVID-19 test
To save time at the clinic, you can pre-register your details for a COVID-19 test by clicking this link – Pre-registration form
Click here to open the COVID-19 testing registration poster
Please remain in your vehicle at all times.
Remember to bring your Medicare details with you.
If you are tested you MUST SELF-ISOLATE before and after testing until you receive a negative result, or are notified by the Department of Health that your 14 day quarantine period has ended.
To find out if you qualify for testing please check the DHHS website HERE
What to expect:
- You must remain in your vehicle
- A clinician will assess you to see if you qualify for testing
- If you meet the testing criteria you will be swabbed by a WDHS Nurse
- The swab will then be sent to pathology for testing
- As pathology results may take between 24 and 48 hours, those who meet the testing criteria will be asked to isolate until they receive a negative result
- You will be notified of your results by text message, or an Infection Prevention & Control staff member
- Due to the difficulties of obtaining swabs from younger children, drive-thru testing is only available for children aged 5 and over. For children under 5 years, parents / carers should contact their GP to book a testing appointment.
If your condition worsens, please call 000 or attend our Emergency Department. Please call 5551 8222 and ask for the Emergency Department ahead of your arrival so that our practitioners can be prepared for your arrival.
If you would like further information about what you need to do if you’ve visited an exposure site, self-isolating or symptoms, please call the Department of Health Hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the DHHS website: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus