WDHS Weekly COVID-19 case update June 16, 2022
Pleasingly COVID cases in our region decreased by 44% this week, after several weeks of concerningly high numbers. We ask community members to continue to take precautions, isolate and get tested, to keep themselves and others safe.
If you are unsure about the latest testing and isolation requirements, please click the link in this post.
• 120 people in our region were notified of positive PCR & Rapid Antigen results (weekly data).
• 3,788 total cases in our region (year to date).
• 7 people are now being cared for in the Hospital in the Home (HITH) program (as at June 16). The HITH program provides care (in the home) to positive, or suspected positive cases who are unwell, or vulnerable.
• 90 people attended the Drive-thru clinic for PCR testing (weekly data).
• 2 Southern Grampians residents are reported as having died with COVID-19 in the last 7 days, bringing the total number of deaths in the region since the pandemic began to 4.Helpful testing and isolation information is available online for cases and contacts:https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist
If you have tested positive (PCR or Rapid Antigen) or are waiting for your result and are feeling unwell, call the WDHS COVID support line on 1800 313 021 (hours – 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday). If you are in need of urgent medical attention, please call 000.Household contacts and anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms should get tested at the WDHS Drive-thru testing clinic at Hamilton Base Hospital. The WDHS Drive-thru hours are Monday – Saturday, 9am – 11am (closed Sunday & public holidays). To save time at the clinic, please click this link to pre-register for your test:https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
Please note – PCR test results are returned by Dorevitch Pathology within 48 hours. If you have not received your COVID-19 test results after 72 hours you can now call the Dorevitch COVID-19 Results Hotline on (03) 9667 9227 (8am – 6pm).
It is mandatory to report your positive rapid antigen test result to the Health Department by visiting:www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/reportor calling 1300 651 160