WDHS COVID-19 case update Thursday 24-2-2022
Please note – updates are now provided weekly, on Thursdays.
New case & PCR testing data relates to the dates stated below.
• 35 people in our region were notified of positive PCR results (3pm Feb 17 to 3pm Feb 24).
• 1,162 people have tested positive at the WDHS Drive-thru since Monday 3rd January.
• 10 people are now being cared for in the Hospital in the Home (HITH) program. The HITH program provides care (in the home) to positive, or suspected positive cases who are unwell, or vulnerable.
• 0 people are receiving care at Hamilton Base Hospital.
• 146 people attended the Drive-thru clinic (3pm Feb 17 to 3pm Feb 24) for PCR testing**
Please note the Drive-thru has relocated to Hamilton Base Hospital (enter near the Emergency Department on Foster St). The clinic currently operates Monday to Saturday, 9am to 11am.Helpful information is available online for cases and contacts: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist
If you have tested positive (PCR or Rapid Antigen) or are waiting for your result and are feeling unwell, call the WDHS COVID support line on 1800 313 021 (8am to 6pm Monday to Friday & 8am to 2pm weekends). If you are in need of urgent medical attention, please call 000.
Household contacts and anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms should get tested at the WDHS Drive-thru clinic, which has now returned to Hamilton Base Hospital.The Drive-thru is now open Monday to Saturday – 9am to 11am. To save time at the clinic, please click this link to pre-register for your test:https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
Please note – PCR test result response times have improved, and results are generally being returned by Dorevitch Pathology within 48 hours. If you have not received your COVID-19 test results after 72 hours you can now call the Dorevitch COVID-19 Results Hotline on (03) 9667 9227 (8am – 6pm).
It is now mandatory to report your positive rapid antigen test result to the Health Department by visiting:www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/report or calling 1300 651 160.
The Helping Hands Hotline is also available for anyone who needs assistance with essential tasks or items when isolating due to COVID-19. Call 1800 943 131, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to access this service.