WDHS COVID-19 case update 13-1-2022, 8pm
50 people were notified of positive COVID-19 results today. The total number of people who have tested positive at the WDHS Drive-thru since Monday 3rd January, is 511.
20 people are now being cared for in the Hospital in the Home (HITH) program. The HITH program provides care (in the home) to positive, or suspected positive cases who are unwell, or vulnerable. Please note people are admitted and discharged from the HITH program on a daily basis and these numbers do not represent the total active/positive cases in the Southern Grampians Shire.
72 people attended the Drive-thru clinic at the Showgrounds today for PCR testing.COVID-19 is circulating widely in our community, to keep yourself and others safe remember to:
• Continue doing the basics – wash your hands, keep your distance, socialise outdoors, and wear a mask.
• Get your booster vaccination if you had your 2nd dose at least 4 months ago.
• Get tested if you have symptoms, or are a household contact (PCR test).
• It is also recommended to get a test if you are a social, work or education contact (RA test).
• If you test positive, isolate and tell your household, social, work and education contacts immediately about your result. Helpful information is available online for cases and contacts: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/checklist
If you have tested positive (or are waiting for your result) and are feeling unwell, or have a COVID test result query, call the WDHS COVID support line on 1800 313 021 (8am to 8pm). If you are in need of urgent medical attention, please call 000.
Household contacts and anyone who has COVID-19 symptoms should get tested at the WDHS Drive-thru clinic, Hamilton Showgrounds (enter via King St)*.
The Drive-thru is now open 7 days a week – 8am to 11am. To save time at the clinic, please click this link to pre-register for your test:https://testtracker.covid19.dhhs.vic.gov.au/citizen-prefill
*Please note – due to unprecedented demand for testing across the state, some PCR test results are taking 4-5 days. It is now mandatory to report your positive rapid antigen test result to the Health Department by visiting www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/report or calling 1300 651 160.
The Helping Hands Hotline is also available for anyone who needs assistance with essential tasks or items when isolating due to COVID-19. Call 1800 943 131, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to access this service.