Three new cases of COVID-19 have been confirmed in the Hamilton outbreak since this morning’s update. This brings the total number of active cases in the region to 29.
The cases detected today include a WDHS staff member, who worked with community clients last Friday November 19. All clients affected have been notified and will be tested.
We are pleased to advise that two of the three people who were hospitalised in recent days, have now returned home.
Nine residents who came into contact with a positive case at the Birches aged care facility have tested negative on their day 6 test and will be taken out of precautions, which is excellent news.
A total of 393 people were tested at the Showgrounds today, assisted by teams from Geelong and Warrnambool. The Department of Health LabVan also fast-tracked the results of 130 priority tests.
Anyone who has visited a COVID-19 public exposure site will receive notification directly through the QR code check-in system.
We are listing the sites below as a precaution only.
If you have symptoms, however mild, please get tested.
The WDHS Drive-thru at the Showgrounds is open tomorrow between 8.30am and 3pm
.TIER 1 EXPOSURE SITE:
• If you are fully vaccinated – test and isolate for 7 days from the date of exposure and get a test on day 6. For the purposes of calculating the days you are required to isolate, Thursday November 18 is considered day zero. This means you must have your 2nd test on Wednesday November 24.
• If you are not fully vaccinated (12 years and older) get tested – isolate for 14 days from the date of exposure and get a test on day 13. For the purposes of calculating the days you are required to isolate, Thursday November 18 is considered day zero. This means you must have your 2nd test on Wednesday December 1.
18/11/2021 Caledonian Hotel, 153 Thompson Street, Hamilton – 5:00pm-7:30pm
OTHER HIGH RISK VENUES:
A confirmed cases of COVID-19 attended these sites on the days / times listed below.
If you were at one of the high risk venues at these times, we strongly recommend you get tested.
18/11/2021 St Mary’s School, 48 Hiller Lane, Hamilton – outdoor basketball courts – 4pm to 5:25pm
19/11/21 Hamilton Indoor Leisure & Aquatic Centre (HILAC) – 83-93 Shakespeare Street, Hamilton- 5:50pm – 8:00pm
20/11/21 Hamilton Indoor Leisure & Aquatic Centre (HILAC), 83-93 Shakespeare Street, Hamilton – 11:18am – 12:48pm
14/11/21 The Roxburgh House, 64 Thompson Street, Hamilton – 4:00pm – 6:30pm
16/11/21 Alexandra House Sports Club, 134 Brown Street, Hamilton – 6:30pm – 8:00pm
17/11/21 Alexandra House Sports Club, 134 Brown Street, Hamilton – 12:00pm – 2:30pm
16/11/21 Freemason’s Lodge, 114 Lonsdale Street, Hamilton – 7:00pm – 11:00pm
18/11/21 Patterson Park Hall, 194 King Street, Hamilton – 1:00pm – 4:30pm
19/11/21 Woodys Café, 113 Thompson Street, Hamilton – 6:00pm – 9:00pm
17/11/2021 Hamilton Uniting Church, 113 Lonsdale Street, Hamilton – 10:00am – 11:00am
18/11/2021 Botanical Motel, 75 French Street, Hamilton – 5:00pm – 6:05pm
18/11/2021 All Abilities Equestrian Centre, 19 Laidlaws Road, Warrong – 10:45am – 12:05pm
19/11/2021 Izzy’s Restaurant, 71 Gray Street, Hamilton – 7:30pm – 12:00pm
20/11/2021 Nutrien Ag, 58 North Boundary Road, Hamilton – 9:00am – 12pm
15/11/2021 Hamilton Medical Group, 20 Foster Street Hamilton – 10:45am – 11:10am
19/11/2021 Hamilton Medical Group, 20 Foster Street Hamilton – 11:00am – 12:00pm & 12.30pm to 2.30pm
18/11/2021 Grampians Accountancy Service, 62 Gray Street, Hamilton – 3:15pm – 3:30pm
Please note: – Exposure site management: due to our high vaccination rates we are changing the way we respond to exposure sites in the community with a focus now on Tier One sites and only high risk sites.
– Schools are not listed here as public exposure sites. If your school has advised you of a COVID exposure within the school community, we recommend you contact your school for further instructions or for any questions.
– If the Public Health Unit have all contacts of an exposure site, or if an exposure site affects staff only, the location/venue will not be listed here
– Other high risk venues will not be listed on the Department of Health website. – If you have even the mildest symptoms please come forward and get tested.