Hamilton Base Hospital drive-thru coronavirus testing
The WDHS drive-thru coronavirus (COVID19) testing station has been set up to quickly, safely and conveniently test people for the virus.
The testing station is open between 1pm and 3pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 10am to 12pm.
The drive-thru clinic hours may change as the situation evolves.
Enter from Foster Street to the right of the Emergency Department. Follow the electronic display boards. Do not get out of your vehicle.
• You can be referred by your local GP, but the drive-thru testing station also takes direct presentations
If you are tested you MUST SELF ISOLATE until you receive your results
As directed by the Department of Health and Human Services (dhhs), people must meet strict COVID19 case definition criteria before drive-thru testing will be carried out.
People without symptoms should not be tested.
To find out if you qualify for testing please check the dhhs website HERE
What to expect:
• You must remain in your vehicle
• A clinician will assess you to see if you qualify for testing
• If you meet the testing criteria you will be swabbed by a WDHS Nurse
• The swab will then be sent to pathology for testing
• As pathology results may take up to 48 hours, those who meet the testing criteria will be asked to isolate themselves at home until they receive their results
• You will be notified of your results by a staff member from the Infection Prevention and Control Department as soon as they are available
• Due to the difficulties of obtaining swabs from younger children, drive through testing will only be available for children over the age of nine years. Parents and carers should contact their General Practice, or bring children aged nine years and under to the Hamilton Base Hospital Emergency Department for assessment
• If your condition worsens, please call 000 or attend our Emergency Department. Please call 5551 8222 and ask for the Emergency Department ahead of your arrival so that our practitioners can be prepared for your arrival.
If you would like further information about your symptoms, please call the Department of Health and Human Services Community Hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit the DHHS website for further details: www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus