The continence service is available to people in the Shire of Southern Grampians, Casterton and Portland as inpatients or on an outpatient basis.
Types of care provided by the service:
- Clients with bladder and/or bowel problems
- Children with disability with continence problems
- Catheter care
- Carer's support and education
- Health promotion - educating the community about continence issues and prevention of incontinence
- Hire of enuresis alarms for treatment of bed wetting
- Samples of continence aids
- Assessment of veteran affairs clients and organisation of supplies from DVA
- Outreach continence services to surrounding towns as needed
Referrals are accepted from all sources, including directly from the client.
A small fee is charged for the service as mandated by the State Government. If any financial difficultity, this can be discussed and negotiated as needed.