A Diabetes Educator visits Merino every second month. A Diabetes Educator can play a key role in the co-management of an individual’s diabetes by:
- assisting with individualised diabetes specific information and support
- supporting clients with clinical care including insulin stabilisation
- facilitating group education for people newly diagnosed with diabetes
- supply and maintenance of blood glucose meters & insulin devices
- assisting with continuous glucose monitoring systems
- providing information and support when commencing insulin pump therapy
- being a resource person for healthcare professionals
This is a free service for clients. For information and appointments contact reception.
A referral is not required, however a discussion of health issues with staff is essential to ensure an appropriate appointment time is booked.