Our counselling service offers assistance to people who wish to discuss issues that affect their emotional wellbeing. Counselling provides the opportunity to discuss concerns and work through options that may assist and improve the situation. Counselling is confidential.
The service is offered to individuals, couples and families. Children and adolescents are seen both individually and with family members and their presentation is always seen in the context of their families.
The service is staffed by four counsellors with general enquiries directed to the senior counsellor and enquiries about making an appointment to the intake worker of the day.
Services offered include
- Family relationship difficulties
- Couples relationship difficulties/ improving relationships/ dealing with separation/ concern about children’s difficulties with family changes
- Adolescents experiencing family, friendship or school difficulties
- Children presented by parents with issues including difficulty adjusting to family changes, exposure to conflict
- Individuals presenting with issues of stress, anxiety or depression
- Grief and loss counselling
- Managing lifestyle change including changes in health or employment
- Anger management
Educational and group programs
- Critical incident debriefing
- Pregnancy health and other groups as part of primary and preventative health team programs
- Other groups as required
Geographic area serviced
The service is open to anyone within the Southern Grampians Shire or who travels to the Centre. Clients in surrounding areas are accepted by negotiation with other services (eg. Glenelg Shire). Home visits may be arranged for clients living within the Southern Grampians Shire only, in circumstances when the client is disabled, isolated or has difficulties in attending the centre.