The Infection Control Department is responsible for the provision of infection control services across acute and aged care services of all campuses of Western District Health Service.
The Infection Control Department also offers a regional consultancy service across the Shires of Southern Grampians and Glenelg health facilities being Portland District Health, Heywood Rural Health and Casterton Memorial Hospital.
Staff are able to provide education and support in:
- Immunisation (Vaccines on Government schedule only, Non-travel related)
- Exposure to Blood and body fluids - HIV / Hep C counselling
- Infection control policies
- Standard and Transmission based precautions
- Waste management procedures
- Environmental cleaning procedures
- Cleaning and sterilization of reusable devices
- Hand Hygiene
- Sharp use and disposal