The Health Information Service provides the following core services:
- creation, maintenance and provision of health record information(both paper and electronic) for patient attendances,
- clinical coding and case mix management to ensure the hospital is appropriately funded for all inpatient activity,
- information release service for GP requests and other emergency and non-emergency hospital attendances,
- management of policies on health privacy,
- patient registration, records management and archiving,
- record access and
- medical documentation.